Wednesday, October 06, 2004

A letter from Aslan!

I've been busy working on a sweatshirt project and I forgot to post this great email I got from Aslan a few days ago. Sorry Aslan! Aslan's mom, Amie, has a knitting blog just like I do! And if I'm not mistaken, Trevor (whose picture is below) has a romantic streak. He likes to give hickeys! Maybe it's the bad girl in me, but I really want to meet Trevor.

AhHA! Mom is away for the weekend at the VA FFF so I can type away without fear of discovery. (But why was I not invited, I ask you?)
My name is Aslan.

I live with my brother Trevor.

And also this... thing. Oscar.


Mom thinks she's the only one who feels that way, but I'm really quite the closet fiber-phile. My favorite fiber is mohair. In fact, I thought I was hiding my obsession quite well, but maybe I ran off with one too many balls of yarn, because Mom finally made me my own blanket out of it. She says it's Aslan-colored, but I think we can all agree it's no where near as handsome as I am.


One of my other hobbies is spinning.


Mom's wheel is a little too big for me, but hopefully we'll get something I can use soon. Won't it be fun when I have my own wheel and can spin my own mohair yarn?

You can see Dad modeling a tiny sock. It looks like it would fit me! But I don't have heels, so it would slide right off. She turned it into a change purse, which is fine, because I like more manly colors than pink.

Well, I'm so glad that you have this blog, Dot! It's about time we higher beings were let in on the fun! Just because we don't have thumbs doesn't mean we don't want to express ourselves!

I'll write you more again, but in the meantime, Mom posts lots of pictures of me and the others on her blog, RoseByAny.blogspot.com. She claims she loves us all, but I think I'm her favorite.

Love,
Aslan


Can you believe Aslan is getting a spinning wheel?! He'll be able to make all the yarn he'll ever need. Lucky cat! I wish I knew when my birthday was, then I'd ask for one.

Meow for now!

Dot
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?